Full Tilt Poker is committed to responsible gaming and to ensuring that underage players are not allowed to play online using our software.
Any underage player who has provided dishonest or inaccurate information regarding their true age may have all winnings forfeited and could face criminal prosecution.
Full Tilt Poker requires every new player to confirm that they are of legal age to play online poker in their local jurisdiction, and we pursue all reasonable measures to verify this information. Furthermore, Full Tilt Poker does not direct any of its advertising towards underage players. We believe doing so would be bad business and bad for the game.
Specifically, Full Tilt Poker does the following to prevent underage play on our site:
- Requires all new users to agree to our Terms and Conditions and click a separate check box confirming they are at least 18-years of age at the time of account creation
- Collects the name, address, and birth date to confirm their personal details and confirm that the player is at least 18 years old
It is our intention that our game remains available to all players who are of legal age, and we encourage our users to take reasonable precautions to ensure that minors are not able to access our games through their personal computers or accounts. Specifically, we strongly encourage all of our players who are or may be around minors in those places the user chooses to log on to our software to:
- Never leave their computers unattended while logged into our software
- If you do need to step away, remember to lock your computer using a password
- Keep your Full Tilt Poker account name and password in a secure location
- Do not leave the “Save Password” function enabled on your Full Tilt Poker sign-in screen
- Use age protection software on your computer to limit access to specific websites and programs for underage users
- Never share your credit card or bank account information with minors
- When you access the software from someone else’s computer (a friend or family member’s for example), or log on from a remote location (a wireless café, airport, hotel, or other public places), please be mindful of any minors who may be near you while you play
If you are aware of any underage person using our software, please contact email@example.com with all of the relevant details, including the user’s player name on our site. We will fully and fairly investigate any matters reported to us, and, if necessary, freeze the player’s account to prevent the user from any further play.
We believe that poker is a game that should be played for fun and entertainment. However, for some people, even one session at the table can be too much, which is why we encourage you to play responsibly.
With that in mind, consider these guidelines before you sit at the table:
- Set a limit – Don’t play with money you can’t afford to lose. If you’re risking the rent, your car payment, or tuition money at the table, walk away.
- Don’t chase your losses – Everyone has a losing session once in a while. Don’t move to a higher stakes table in hope of recouping money you lost at a lower stakes game.
- Don’t play when you’re tired, angry, depressed, or drunk – Playing winning poker takes focus and concentration. If your head’s not in the game, you shouldn’t be at the table.
If you think playing online is becoming a problem, we encourage you to seek help through an organization like Gambler’s Anonymous.
If you want even more help in controlling your online game play, you can request to be excluded from playing on our site for a defined period of time, ranging from 12 hours to 18 months. Once you ask to be excluded from playing on our site, your decision is irreversible.
Before choosing Self-Exclusion, please take a moment to review the following questions:
- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to playing poker?
- Has playing poker caused you to neglect your own welfare or that of your family?
- Have you ever sold anything or borrowed money to finance your playing?
- Have you often played until your last dollar was gone?
- Have you ever played longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your playing?
If you answered "Yes" to several of these questions, we encourage you to visit Gamblers Anonymous.
To request an exclusion, either email firstname.lastname@example.org or select your preferred exclusion period directly through our game software. Once we receive your request and verify that it is you, the authorized user who has made the request, you will:
- Be automatically unregistered for any tournaments that begin during your exclusion period
- Not be allowed to make deposits or send and receive player-to-player transfers
- Not be allowed to end your exclusion early
If your account is self-excluded you can complete the account pairing process to connect your Full Tilt Poker and PokerStars accounts and make a one-time transfer of funds between the two. Please note that once the pairing process is completed, you will unable to transfer funds between accounts if one is excluded from playing. You will be prohibited from playing until your exclusion period expires, however you can withdraw your funds, should you wish.
Setting limits on your real money deposits
We believe that, as online poker is a game that should be played for fun and entertainment then you should be allowed to manage your own budget for playing. In order to do this we allow you to restrict your own weekly real money deposit limits.
To request a lower deposit limit to those already available, simply email email@example.com stating your preferred weekly deposit limit. Once we receive your request and verify that it is you, the authorized user who has made the request, we will make your requested change.
You will be not be able to increase your new deposit limit for a period of 7 days, however any requests to lower your limit will be processed when received.